Low Tension Power Cable
KEI Industries Limited is one of the leading low tension/ voltage cable manufacturers in India with PVC or XLPE insulation of voltage grade up to 3.3KV that conforms to various Indian and International Standard Specifications. KEI also manufactures other types of cables like LT power cables and low voltage cables among others that you will find in our listed catalogue.
CROSS LINKED POLYETHYLENE (XLPE) Low Tension Cables
XLPE means cross-linked polyethylene or vulcanized polyethylene. The base material is low density polyethylene. Polyethylene is a thermoplastic material consisting of a long chain of hydrocarbon molecules. At elevated temperatures these molecules tend to move relative to one another so that the material becomes increasingly deformable and will eventually melt at the temperature around 110C.
By means of a process similar to the vulcanization of rubber, the polyethylene molecules can be cross-linked. The process of cross-linking or vulcanization for our low tension cables, LT power cables and low voltage cable products consists of producing chemical bonds at intervals between the long molecular chains to give them a “ladder” effect which prevents slippage between molecules. As a result of cross-linking, the material becomes heat resistant and does not become soft at higher temperatures. Further, it has better resistance to stress cracking and good resistance to ageing in hot air. With the change of structure there is no adverse effect on electrical properties.
The Advantages of ‘KEI’ XLPE Low Tension Cables
- Dielectric losses are minimal
- Higher current carrying capacity
- Higher short circuit rating 250C as opposed to 160C for PVC
- KEI XLPE low tension cables can retain flexibility down upto -40C
- Jointing and Termination is easy
- The LT power cables are Lightweight.
- They are not prone to fatigue damage due to vibrations or loading cycles
- Have better resistance to most chemicals, oils, acids, etc.
- Can be installed along cable routes without elevation limitations
KEI also manufactures low voltage 4 core power cables and 3 core cables and 4 core cables upto 33 kV.